Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Furniture Fiasco

We ordered our furniture Monday night from JCPenney's.  I was so excited because I found a promo coupon online for 15% off of any online purchase!  We saved around $175:)  I was also really excited about having it delivered next Friday when I am out of school.  My little sis is also visiting from New York that weekend, so she was going to get to see it too:)  I get worried making such a big purchase online like this, so by Tuesday I am already tracking the order.  When I pulled it up, it said that the order had been cancelled!!  I knew that they had already put a hold on the amount in our checking account, so I wasn't that worried.  I told Eli about the situation and that afternoon I decided to call them just to check on things.  The person I talked to told me that the order had been CANCELLED, and it appeared that the furniture package was no longer available!  She then preceded to tell me that the hold put on the amount in our checking account would not be released for 4 business days!!!  I was so angry that not only was I not able to get the furniture that I fell in love with, but we had to wait a week to place another order because there was a hold placed on the money we were using to purchase furniture.  In the mean time, my sweet husband decided to call customer service too to check on the order.  The person told him that they were having trouble with their baby funiture orders and for some reason when customers track their order it says the order has been cancelled.  He even talked to the manager, and they assured him that our order was fine.  I was so excited when Eli told me this news, but I was also very upset that I was told the opposite when I called.  Hopefully, I will be recieving a phone call in the next 2 or 3 days to schedule the delivery.  I hope it all works out, and we have the funiture by next weekend:)

2 comments:

Candace said...

Oh - I'd hate not knowing!!! Hope it comes though!

Phillips Family said...

How strange...and stressful! Hope you get the furniture you want, that is such an exciting part!